Once your thesis/dissertation has been examined and all the necessary
changes made, you may start the publishing process which will consist of
the following steps:
- Read through the etd
standards and change the Word/Wordperfect document(s) accordingly.
- Convert the Word file(s) to PDF and do a thorough check afterwards.
- Do not set the security settings: this will be done by the UPeTD
- Complete the submission form (download and printout in either
Afrikaans). Request your supervisor and the faculty administration to certify that your
thesis/dissertation has been accepted.
- Submit the PDF and Word/WordPerfect copies of your
thesis/dissertation to the faculty administration with the submission
- Even better, submit it electronically
on the web yourself by following
these steps - fully explained in
2. Please note that etds
that are submitted by students get
- Log in
to the submission software and fill out the title page form according to
the instructions provided.
- Preview to check that all information is correct.
- Attach your etd files and all associated multimedia files.
- Submit your etd. For more detailed
information download the following
- You and your supervisor will be notified by email that your etd has
- If (for some reason) your etd is "rejected", you will be given
instructions on how to correct it.
- When your etd is accepted for placement on the UPeTD server, you,
your supervisor(s) and the faculty administration will be notified.
Your etd will be accessible on the UPeTD system as
well as through the library